Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Xin chào, Namaste

I’ve been on the road since March 10th.  First, I headed to Vietnam for 12 days to meet up with great Alaska friends and explore the country north to south.  After a one day turn around in Kuala Lumpur, I grabbed my trekking gear and headed to Nepal for 26 days of adventure and a well deserved dose of mountains.  Here are a few teaser photos, hopefully I will keep good on my promise to blog in depth about my experiences and all I’ve learned in the past six weeks!

Water puppets in Vietnam.

The crew (Tomoko, myself, Tim and Kristin-from Alaska) at Halong Bay, Vietnam.  It reminded me of Never Never Land :)

Spectacular caves in Phong Nha National Park, Vietnam.

Incense sticks in Hue, Vietnam. 

Visiting tombs in Hue, Vietnam.

View from Swayambuhnath (monkey temple), Kathmandu, Nepal.

Bodhnath stupa Kathmandu, Nepal.

Myself with Malaysian trekkers summiting Mt. Kala Patthar (18,129 ft.) in the Himalaya!

Mountains, mountains everywhere!

Sunrise over Mt. Everest.

No comments:

Post a Comment