Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bali: Round II (part 2)

My apologies for the delay in posting the second half of the Bali photos.  If you want to go back and look at the first set, I've annotated them.  Now that I’m motivated and have some free time I’m trying to catch up on sharing the last 5 weeks worth of adventures.  Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!  Sending my love from Malaysia with some pretty photos J

Janelle and I enjoyed a week of yoga and hot stone massages in Ubud while exploring the surrounding area (temples, rice terraces, and volcanoes) and then headed east to the magnificent Tirtagangga water palace before heading south to find the beach!  There are lots of stories in between and behind all the photos, hopefully I'll have time to write more about the trip in the future.

Cooling off from some nice hot springs.

Enjoying a soak with the locals.

Beautiful rice terraces at Jatiluwih.

Approaching Mt. Batur.  Janelle was psyched to climb a volcano.  I was too but I got food poisoning the night before so I didn't make it to the top.

Lava flow from a historic eruption.

Growing onions at the base of the volcano.

Tirtagangga water palace.






Yet more beautiful rice fields.

Mt. Agung, Bali's tallest volcano.


Janelle enjoying the serenity of our patio adjacent to the water palace.

Colorful sails at Sanur beach.

But we opted to head to Balangan beach instead.

It was fun watching the surfers and trying boogie boarding.  Unfortunately there was a fair amount of plastic in the water.  Not derived from this beach, but brought in by the current.

And just relaxing and devouring a few books.


Sunset wasn't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment